In a bid to promote domestic tourism in the Pearl of Africa, MTN Uganda the leading telecommunication company has offered to support Uganda Youth visit tourist attractions in Uganda via its platform MTN pulse. The major aim behind this partnership is to help Ugandans discover and enjoy tourism activities and attractions within their country. Therefore the target market in this partnership is majorly the youth who can serve as tourism ambassadors of tourism in the pearl of Africa. The two parties will organize monthly trips to different locations especially national parks and game reserves all over the country.
MTN Uganda will offer 25% discount on fully paid trips to all its subscribers under the pulse segment. Pulse is MTN Uganda’s youth platform created for the youth. It’s obvious that over 5 million social media followers of MTN Uganda will be exposed to tourism in Uganda and be encouraged to engage in tourism. Daily updates about different tourism activities and attractions will be published and lucky participants will win free tickets to visit the destinations that will have been published. Among the social media networks that will be used include Facebook, YouTube, Snap chat, Instagram and Twitter among others.
The youth are called upon to create accounts with any of the mentioned platforms and subscribe to get daily updates and travel news. The new initiative also helps MTN Uganda to share locally made and generated organic content that is unique, appealing and relevant to the subscribers.
Must do tourist activities
Uganda offers unlimited tourist activities that offer travelers with memorable travel experiences. Among the activities that will be done on these trips include among others:
• Mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi forest/Mgahinga gorilla national parks
• Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale forest, Kyambura gorge, Budongo forest & Karinzu forest
• Beach parties
• Game/wildlife viewing in Murchison falls, Queen Elizabeth, Kidepo Valley and Lake Mburo national parks
• Mountain hiking (Rwenzori, Elgon & Virunga Volcanoes)
• Boat cruising at Kazinga channel, Lake Victoria and bottom of Murchison falls
• Zip lining & forest walks in Mabira forest
• White water rafting on river Nile
• Bungee jumping
• Sipi falls hiking
• Bird watching
• Camp fires
• Pool parties
• Golden monkey trekking
• Silent discos (night life)
• Road trips
• Barbeques among others
However, not all these activities will be done on a single trip. The activities to do and attractions to see depend on which itinerary booked and the number of days. Long itineraries include many activities while short trips cover a few activities.
Already done activities
Since its initiation, the new partnership has so far arranged and done successful mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable forest National Park. Here participants visited the famous mountain gorillas in the jungles of Bwindi, which shelter the highest population of gorillas in the world. Gorilla trekking was complemented by forest walks in Bwindi, which gave travelers a true feeling of a natural forest.
Other places visited
So far, breathtaking Uganda together with MTN Pulse have taken Ugandan youth to explore Uganda’s top national parks. These are
• Murchison falls national park (Uganda’s oldest and biggest park) famous fro the mighty Murchison falls
• Kidepo valley national park, Uganda’s least visited park
• Queen Elizabeth national park
• Lake Mburo national park
• Mabira forest
• Kalangala and Ssesse Island of lake Victoria.
Among the upcoming trips arranged by Breathtaking Uganda include
• 2 Days Kibale Forest & Semuliki National Park Fort portal scheduled from 28th to 28th July 2019
• 2 Days Sipi falls tour in Mt Elgon National park Scheduled from 30th August to 1st September 2019
• 2 Days tour to Queen Elizabeth National park from 27th to 29th September 2019
• 2 Days Kalangala Island Beach Festival from 25th to 27th October 2019
• 31 Days Around Uganda Safari from 1st to 31st December 2019.
The 31 Days round Uganda trip will take travelers through all national parks in Uganda, exploring all tourist spots in all corners of Uganda. It’s the best safari package to explore all treasures after which Uganda was dubbed the Pearl of Africa. The trip will be aired on different channels.